Monday, July 19, 2010

Annoying people....


If you've spent time with me, then you know that I'm not a particularly judgmental person. I've been told that I am very open minded and willing to listen to or look for the best in just about everyone.

I had to throw that out the window today. Not permanently, just for today.

You might be asking: What happened today? The answer: I had class today.

For those who don't know, I've been taking computer web design classes which are fairly complicated and very monotonous. A lot of it is learning computer programming code and language...and let me tell you, if you think learning Spanish or French is tough...

((My brain after class//Courtesy: My Mac))

So anyway, today was Web Design/HTML/XHTML and CSS, Level 2 class. One day...8 hours. Not fun...but interesting. Most of the classes have had 5...maybe 6 people in them. Today, we had 10.

I knew we were in trouble, when class member number 10 walked in. Okay, made his entrance.

Picture this guy if you can: 40 or so years old...maybe 5-10 or even 6-feet tall, about 40 pounds overweight. He's wearing a yellow t-shirt that says "Security". Not a big deal unto itself. The issue came when you looked at the head. He had...god's honest truth...a full-fledged, out of date, lead singer of the Clash...or Mr. T...mohawk.

Again, I don't judge, but it was a giveaway. No sooner did the guy sit down, then he started asking questions. About everything. And talking about what he did in his other classes and his website.

The problem came in when the guy teaching the class, kept talking to him. He would talk and just go off on tangents. Complete...out in left field tangents. It doesn't bother me when people ask legitimate questions. Questions that they can't answer. It bugs the crap out of me when people hijack rooms and don't shut-up.

I'm hoping I don't have Mr. Mohawk in any other classes. It's hard enough staying focused on the complicated task at hand. It's really...really annoying when you get completely distracted by someone who thinks that nobody else is in the room...or trying to learn something.

There...I feel better now...I got to vent.

The only fitting video I could find is the trailer to Despicable Me...which by the way is a pretty funny movie: Thanks YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment