Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We're Back!!!!!

Downtown Cincinnati/Courtesy: Me
Sorry it has been awhile since I've posted here. If you follow these on occasion, when I have time to post...you know that we moved over the past week. That, unfortunately took precedence over this, though I did post a few things to the OSG Sports website.

I made a statement during the move that I think sums up the last couple of weeks pretty well. "Moving is the single most stressful thing you'll ever do in your life". Though I probably should amend that to say one of the three most stressful things you'll ever do in your life".

It's a horrible feeling to have your life in transition, which is exactly what we did. We also made the mistake of doing a lot of it ourselves. There really isn't a good way to do it without having it just plain take over your life for the amount of time it takes you to move.

But I'm back...and I promise that I'll at least crank out one of these, if not more a week. Really, I kind of enjoy this format more than the OSG blog, just because the stories are about my experiences. On the OSG site, it's more Sports, though since I worked in Sports for so long, there are opportunities to throw my own experiences in their too.
Daisy and The Cone of Shame/Courtesy: Me

We've also been dealing with the Wonder Dog's health issues and a health issue of my own. Mine, thankfully was just an infection, but it was a bit scary for a day or two until I made it in to the doctor's office. A nice bottle of Cipromax later and I'm clean and healthy...aside from the strained tendon in my hand and my chronically bad shoulder and ankle. The Wonder Dog is still recovering from some allergy issues and has had to deal with the dreaded "Cone of Shame".

We did get a chance to go to one of our favorite events here in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. Oktoberfest Zinzinnati was the first real exposure that I got to this city when I moved here slightly over a year ago. Yeah...I've been here a year now. Michelle has been here longer, she had to move in June of 2009, while I stayed in Atlanta until our house their was sold. It sold in September, 2009.

Oktoberfest Zinzinnati 2010/Courtesy: Me
It's kinda strange to think that we've lived here over a year now. It really, at times, feels like I'm on an extended out of town assignment. I'm not. But it feels like it. I don't hate it here, but I'm not a huge fan either. I'm making the best I can out of it. I've been lucky enough to find a place to work that isn't nearly as cutthroat as the station I worked at in Atlanta. The people I work with here have been pretty nice and as far as I know, nobody has thrown me under the bus.

Really, I've lived in enough places now that I can adjust to anything. And I think that I have. Honestly, I don't like the fact that we are far away from our closest friends and family. And I don't like the fact that I haven't gotten to see my best friend in over a year. I'm not thrilled that my family, whom I'm very close to, I haven't been able to see since January. And I don't really know when we'll get to see them again.

But, you adjust. You make the best out of it. You try to have fun. Michelle and I venture out often on the weekends. We do a lot of festivals. We have date night on Saturday's most weeks. We make a concerted effort to go out to dinner someplace we've never been at least once a month.

We aren't moving again...as long as we live here. No. We won't be going through the whole moving in town thing again. The apartment that we have is just fine. Cozy and nice. Not ideal, but it will work....for now.

Here's your blog music accompaniment...enjoy some Ace Frehley...Back in the New York Groove...it sort of fits, even though we aren't talking about New York. Thanks YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment