Thursday, May 19, 2011

Home Alone

Me and TLB
10, well, no--actually 11 days on my own. Really, anyone who's known me for a long period of time is probably asking what's the big deal about spending 11 days without the wife? I'm mean, dude, you lived on your own for how long?

Roughly about 18-years. From age 22 through age 40. 1988 through the end of 2005.

And before anyone says "Aw, you're just whipped" (Tom Leonard), it's not quite the same as when you are younger.

Yeah, sure, you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can go out and drink beers and hey, I get to watch more sports in this time period than I will in the next 10-months. But it is different.

Unfortunately, part of it may be because I'm where I am (Cincinnati) and away from the friends I would normally hang out with during this time, and part of it may just be because I'm getting old, but either way, it's just really weird working and then having to come home and take care of both myself and the cat.

And it's not that I don't know how to cook, I actually do...and from what I'm told, I'm fairly good at it. I just don't cook much anymore, Michelle does that.

It's funny when you have all this time to yourself and you are wishing that you didn't have all this time to yourself. Never thought I'd be at that point. I always had work and up until my current job, I worked...a lot. That's not to say I don't now, but it is different.

The Wonder Dog
Heck, I don't know, maybe part of it is missing the dog. For the last 11 years, I had the Wonder Dog with me to keep me company. That's not to say Oliver, the cat, isn't good company, but it is different. Sure, he has his time where he hangs out with me...he is sprawled out on the back of the couch behind me while I write this. But it is not the same, it's different.

Really, I just miss having 'Chelle here with me. I miss what one of my co-workers calls "Sexy married time" or sitting on the couch in gym shorts and t-shirts watching TV together. I'm not whining here, really. Part of her job now includes travel, and I'm down with that. It's usually just a couple of days at a time, which is a little easier, but it's just the way things worked out this time.

I hope this doesn't come off sounding like I'm a whiny bitch. I'm not trying to. I guess I'm just lonely right now. You know, I had to do this for a couple of months in 2009, when she moved here for her job and I had to stay in Atlanta until we sold our house, that was much, much harder than this.

But, hey, between this and the constant love and attention OnlineSportsGuys takes out of my day, combined with work and I'm pretty busy and the day is over before you know it. Time will fly by, and the leftovers will run out, and 'Chelle will be home in less than a week now, so I got that to look forward to.

It's a safe bet, none of the stuff in this clip will happen (of course movie was made in early 80's):

No comments:

Post a Comment