Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hanging out on my own...



You know its really funny how your perspective and thoughts on things change as you get older and your life situation is different. For 39 years, I was pretty much on my own, doing my own thing just hanging out and having fun. For the past 5 years, I met the woman of my dreams and my soul mate and really, that changed everything.

I'll spare you the details of getting to where we are now. What I'm trying to get it as this: Michelle is away for a full week, I've got the whole house to myself (bachelor week) and really I'd rather have her here than be by myself.

((She isn't gonna like that I posted this picture...but it's us//Courtesy: Me))

There are a couple of my friends (Big Tom) who would say that "I'm whipped""I'm a wimp""No balls" whatever. I don't care. There was a point in my life where I would have loved this opportunity to do whatever I wanted when I wanted, not now.

I do on occasion enjoy cooking dinner and I do that. It's a little less fun when you do it by yourself. Sure, I'm eating a few things that I don't normally eat, but it still sucks just cooking for just me. I would say that I'm sleeping as late as I want since I'm not really working too much, but I'm not. The cat has decided that he wants to play at 5am and then again around 7.

No, I really haven't done much thus far. Sure, I've spent a ton of time on the computer and I've had to do my laundry along with the cooking. Today was probably my big adventure for the week, I went to the movies. I went and saw the movie Avatar in 3D. It was a decent movie storytelling wise, not a "Great" one. However visually it was the most incredible movie that I've ever seen.

I really do miss Michelle when she is gone. She is gone for the week and then is traveling at least 2 days each of the next 2 weeks. Me, I'm still here in Cinci, stuck in a crappy part-time job. I honestly don't hate Cincinnati and don't hate the fact that I had to give up an OK job to come here. I just want to get on track.

It's tough sometimes staying focused. I've been searching for good work for going on 6 months now. I realize that there are a lot of people a lot worse off in that respect and that is fine. It doesn't however help me much.

Heck I don't know, maybe I'm rambling at this point. Maybe I'd be doing more this week if I had the money to do it. I do know that even if I was working more and making more money that I probably wouldn't be doing much more than I am. Its not as much fun doing stuff here without your best friend and mine...won't be back home until Friday.

Enjoy the trailer to the classic movie Bachelor Party (audio is a bit iffy). Thanks You Tube:

No comments:

Post a Comment