Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Part Time Work takes a Lot of Time


Hello, I am a slacker. I got into this with the plan of posting something each day that I did in my never ending search for a job. I haven't done a very good job of sticking to that. I even have an excuse. I'm working now. I'm kind of working a lot. A lot more than I thought I would, doing something I never thought that I would.

No, I don't have "Full-Time" hours, but yet I've worked every day since last Thursday and I'm not "Off" until Friday. The thing that I have found out (ok, it's a revelation to me) is that rather than work 8 hour days, I'm working a lot of 5 or 6 hour days, usually starting at 6am. It adds up. Even at the crappy wage that I'm making...it adds up.

((Photo: What I haven't been doing lately...along with not blogging//Courtesy: Me))

Okay, I'll stop bitching now. I did want to share some good news. We finally bought the computer that I wanted...with Video Editing software. We bought a "Very" High-end I-Mac with Final Cut. Editing Software for those who don't know. This is part 1 of my Long-Term plan. I have to get proficient with this software. Quickly. I know how to edit and I know how to edit on a different editing software format...AVID. If I want to do any freelance work in Cincinnati or anywhere else for that matter, I need to get good with Final Cut....Fast.

I've talked before about having a plan so you know I definitely have one. I know what I want to do and I have an idea of what I need to do to get there, I just have to get there. There are several things the computer opens up to me. One of them I may explore once we get up to speed...That's doing Video Blog Posts. I'll have to figure that one out...but I will. Between this blog and my Sports Blog ((http://onlinesportsguys.com)) I will have opportunities to experiment...but really...isn't that the fun part of all of this anyway?

Enjoy a clip from one of the truly great Christmas movies...and something we watch non-stop Christmas Eve and Day...Courtesy: The You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment