Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And the Cycle of Life Continues


Okay, I'm back after a couple of days spent at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati eating really bad food and sleeping Monday night in a reclining chair (my back handled it pretty well). Michelle's surgery went extraordinarily well and we are back home where she is resting comfortably and way ahead of schedule in terms of what I would expect.

So, things move forward and even though they slowed for two days, it is time to get back to the order of things now. It's time for me to get back to skimming through the job ads. Time to write some more for the book. I have 15 of my 26 assigned chapters done, and like the other guys who are working on it, now have to pick up 8 more. But that will be this afternoon's work.

It's a beautiful, if a bit chilly day here in Cincinnati. The snow has finally begun to melt. As I sit here on the mighty I-Mac, Daisy the Wonder Dog is sunning herself on her doggie bed here in the office. Michelle is typing away on her phone in the bedroom with the cat sprawled out next to her and my mom is down in the den watching TV and doing crosswords, I feel kind of bad because there isn't much she can do besides offer moral support...and make coffee since I'm not particularly good at that.

No, things are moving back towards the middle, normal...or at least I hope so. As I told the Chief (my father) yesterday, one of the toughest things for me to deal with up here in Cinci is that I haven't been able to get into a fairly normal routine. Every couple of weeks it seems like something is going on that changes it. I know, especially after my last year or so in Atlanta, that you shouldn't stay too regimented in terms of your day or even your life anywhere, but for me it brings some comfort and consistency. It is a good part of the reason I haven't felt comfortable here yet. Until I find what I am looking for...at least professionally...I am not sure that I will ever get comfortable.

Sorry for the short post...I will update more frequently from here on in. In the meantime...enjoy today's video...it's for all of you in the Sports Biz...I will put this on Onlinesportsguys.com as well....I give you...Courtesy of the You Tube...THE LT SLIDE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment