Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life on the Other Side

Well, I am sitting here and watching a steady snowfall here in the Cincinnati area which I never thought that I would live and to be real honest, it's a bit on the depressing side. Really, I never thought I would be sitting here on the computer just kind of writing about it, yet that is exactly what I am doing.

In an early post I rattled on about not having
to cover it and feeling sympathy for many of my friends who are stuck doing just that. I also rattle on about how bizarrely people in my former business act when it comes to stuff like this.

((The front yard//Courtesy: Me))

Safe to say, I can only imagine what it is like right now. As it was stated in the most excellent TV News Blog by Doug Richards...Live Apartment Fire, "It's the only thing local news has left to offer". Unfortunately, it's true. Most of the relevant things in life that I want to know about can be found right here on the internet. However, the one thing the internet still can't provide is a live picture from your hometown.

That being said, I kind of miss the rush, though there was always dread and foreboding mixed in with that. Quite honestly I would prefer to be covering it because it would mean that I am not in my current predicament. It's very odd just kind of sitting in the office at my house watching it come down and cover the cars and the driveway and the yard and heck, even the house.

What is funny is watching both me and Michelle walk outside with cameras taking pictures of all of it. It's not like neither of us have ever seen snow before, though I've probably seen it a bit more than she has. Actually the one who likes this the most is probably the dog. For whatever reason, she would run around outside in the snow as long as she could (she's 12 and wouldn't last long).

((Michelle in front of her car//Courtesy: Me))

So anyway, to those of you who read this in a Southern location, remember that this too will pass. It's snow. For my friends in Georgia, yeah, I know, it's a chance for the TV Folks to predict the end of the world as we know it. Strangely, this has happened before and it will happen again. To my friends in "The Sunshine State". Yeah, I miss living down there. I miss the weather of my youth where we could wear shorts during Christmas week. We never had to deal with this. Maybe someday I'll get to come back...I just hope that if I do, it's timed out so I don't have to deal with a Snowy winter.

In the meantime, enjoy some more Snow Bloopers: Thanks You Tube




No comments:

Post a Comment