Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Long and Lazy Sunday


Other than the fact that I really haven't posted anything for half of the week, I don't have a very good reason for posting anything today. As I sit here in the Global HQ in cold-ass, snowy Cincinnati with the Wonder Dog on the floor behind the office chair, I am sitting here wondering, "What if needed to say something about nothing in particular but you were struggling to find something to say?".

Confusing yes, but really, that is an exaggeration or at least a lame-ass attempt at humor. I do really have something to say...always.

((Chelle and I watching the Thrashers//Courtesy: Me))

True, today has been relatively normal...though cold. My parents arrived from North Carolina this morning and will be visiting for a couple of days. (They are napping right now) The reason they are here is that they came to help and support us over the next few days.

For those of you who don't know, Michelle is having some surgery done tomorrow (Monday). It's a preventative procedure and apparently one that at some point in time in their lives, all women have. Obviously, she is nervous as hell, we have to be at the hospital at 5am tomorrow for a scheduled 7:30am procedure that is expected to last 4 hours.

For me, I'm sort of nervous, but in a different way. I realize that is something that needs to be done...and quite honestly, I'm a little relieved that it is being done here in Cincinnati. Though Cinci isn't the "Big City" that Atlanta is, the hospitals and the medical treatment here seems to be about 15 years ahead of Atlanta.

The challenge will come on Tuesday. Michelle will be laid up for about 4 weeks from this. The first week or so, she won't be able to do much other than lay in bed and watch TV. My job will be to take care of her, though my mother will be hanging out for a few days to help. Quite honestly, I don't really know what to expect. I've never really had to deal with this type of thing before. I'm reasonably certain that the procedure and everything will be fine, I'm just not sure how to play Nurse-maid.

Anyway, I just wanted to get this out there, it has kind of been on my mind the past few days. I don't anticipate sleeping much tonight...or tomorrow. I will spend the night with Michelle at the hospital and I am very, very thankful that my folks are here and they will take care of Daisy the Wonder Dog and Oliver the recovering from his own surgery cat.

In the meantime, enjoy one of our classic music favorites: Thanks You Tube!


No comments:

Post a Comment