Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big Bucks, No Whammy's....


I really don't understand the whole cosmic Karma thing and I'm not really sure that I want to. I do believe that eventually if you do good things and do the right things that you will get rewarded for it. I always have and I always will.

I bring this up for a reason. The last 12 hours, not counting the 7 or so that I slept, have been amongst the strangest that I've ever had. And I say strange in a totally good way. The tough part of it is that I'm not sure I should write about it because I'm genuinely afraid that I am going to jinx myself.

((Photo: Me and Sports Anchor Mark Harmon at Braves Spring Training in 2005))

For lack of a better way to say this, I went from having no "Real" opportunities to having now 3 of them since about 4pm yesterday afternoon. One, I was expecting...the other 2, not so much.

The first one, I wrote about yesterday. I took a bit of humble pie and went to the Panera Bread store down the street and got a job. Ironically, that lead to my 3rd potential opportunity, which I'll get to in a minute.

The second, I mentioned as a breaking news story in yesterday afternoon's blog. I have an interview on Friday at the local ABC station for a part-time job, which isn't a bad thing for me because it would allow me to do some of the things that I want to.

The third came up this morning. It's kind of long and strange story and might potentially give me an opportunity to do something totally different but potentially a whole lot of fun. I'm not going to mention it in detail just yet, because it may not happen...but it came about from somebody who I had met who was at the Panera Bread when I was there interviewing...for whatever reason I didn't see him, but he saw me and remembered. He thought of an opportunity someone had mentioned to him and he thought that I would be perfect for...so they are passing on my information and trying to arrange a meeting.

I've really learned a lot over the past month or so about Networking and how important it is, but I never expected that it would play out like that. I have every intention of doing a story on it, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. That might be what I need to do this afternoon.

I'm sorry that I'm being a bit vague about all of this right now, I don't know that I am nervous about it...yet; but I do seriously think that I would be putting the whammy on myself if I go into too much detail right now.

If it all plays out, I promise I will write about it, because this could potentially be a textbook Networking moment and hopefully someone will read it and be inspired to do the same thing.

On that note, enjoy this mornings clip from the early 80's game show Press Your Luck...where the "Whammy" was the true star: Courtesy The You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment