Thursday, November 19, 2009

Slow Ride


I really don't know who it was that said that "Some days are better than others", maybe nobody did or maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, today is one of those days.

Right now, I am where I've been for the better part of the past 2 months; in the house, on the laptop, searching the vastness of the Internets for potential work opportunities. It's interesting though; I have one opportunity now, though it's part time...low wage work in a restaurant, but it's paying work and will get me out of the house and away from this routine. I have another potential opportunity, a job that I will be interviewing for on Friday. It's part-time as well, but between the two, I will be paid enough and working enough that I can change my approach.

Today, however is a "Slow" day. I'm doing the same thing...but Michelle is home after having a procedure done at the hospital and resting and I need to be here to take care of her. It still leaves me with part of the day to do what I've been doing. And I...to an extent have done it though I don't quite feel the same sense of urgency at the moment. Is that wrong? Should I be doing more? Should I be more aggressive? I don't really know.

Supposedly the Job Search is a marathon not a sprint and I guess in a way that is true. But remember a while back I mentioned "Having a Plan". Right now, part-time work fits my "Plan" very well. Will one of the jobs lead to Full-time work? Possibly, but that isn't a priority. For me...in MY situation; I needed to find work to get some money coming in. I needed to find some work to allow me to buy some things that I want to achieve my "Master Plan". If I am able to get out there a bit with these jobs however, I potentially open up even more potential paths for me to travel down. When it all gets boiled down; isn't that really what it's all about?

It's not "Slow Ride" but enjoy a little "Slow Hand"...Eric Clapton and a live version of one of the Greatest Rock and Roll songs of all time (it's a bit long): Thanks You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment