Monday, November 16, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...Oh What to do?


Well, it's Monday and we are back to it. This time there may be some decision making involved, not necessarily what I want, but it may just be what I have to do.

Over the weekend, despite saying not to, I spent some time looking for work, any work. Part of that was just for something to do, part of it was because Michelle really wants me to find something to do that will get me out of the house. I understand that point and don't disagree with it. The tough part is that it is going to make me make a decision about several things.

One is work. I went to a couple of "National" store sites over the weekend and applied for a couple of jobs. Panera Bread was one of them, I submitted the application and did there ungodly long, complicated questionnaire and within the hour I got not 1 but 2 calls from different stores. I'm not sure how I feel about this, though it is better than some options that I've contemplated over the past couple of weeks. The goal, for now I guess will be to try and get a part time Cashier job or something of that sort to keep me busy, but not tied up.

The other option and one I'm even more mixed on is this: Michelle is a fairly big to do at Macys here in Cincinnati. They had a job...I think it is "Benefits analyst" or something like that. It's full-time. I applied for it and she can probably twist some arms to make that happen. I'm just a little torn about that. I'm a little reluctant to commit to that if I can land something closer to what I do. The concern is that if I take on something full-time like that it will limit my options trying to find something that I really want to do.

Really, I want to get back into my business or at least the part of it that will allow me to not work for a TV Station. I'm not going to say that I wouldn't take a TV job right now, because I would. That may be happening soon as well. I on a whim, found a job listing at the ABC station here in Cicni for a Part-Time/Fill-in Producer and I sent a resume' to there corporate website. 4 hours later I got a call from the Assistant News Director. He's interested, but has some other folks who are interested too. We talked for about 30 minutes or so and he said that if this doesn't work out, he'll keep my info if something else pops up...which is good and why I'm hesitant to commit to anything too serious.

The other opportunities for me are these: I've gotten on 3 Live Production Crew lists, good because that would be Video work, bad because I'm at the bottom of a long list...when there is work in the area. I've also made contact with a few people at 4 Production companies here in town. Good....it's what I want to do. Bad....I'm not qualified to do some of the "High End" stuff...yet... and I'm at the bottom of their call lists too.

So, to make a long story less long, I'm going to have a decision to make today...I think. More than likely I will do the Part-time thing at Panera if I can, because it will leave me the option to take Freelance Video work and to take the classes that I want to take after the 1st of the year. But the classwork is a blog for another day.

Enjoy the laugh of the day...an end reel from the TV Show Laugh In: Thanks You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment