Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Motivation


We, I think have now reached the point of motivational struggling. What I mean by that is...what's next? It's been 10 weeks now and I have yet to truly find what I'm looking for (no U2 joke intended).

Yes, I am working, but it's part time and not exactly something that I want to do the rest of my life. I want to get back into the Video business, somehow, someway. I don't know how exactly to do it where I am now and I think that is the frustrating part.

((Me in the Video business/Circa 2004))

I guess the blessing in all of this is that there are some jobs out there, they may not be what you like or want, but there are jobs. I still sat here in front of the slowly disintegrating desktop computer looking at the usual sites, trying to see if there is something out there for me. Right now, there isn't.

What is it that you can do to stay motivated or fired up about trying to find something during the holidays? How do you continually plug away knowing that there isn't much out there and what you are looking for may be the proverbial "Needle in the Haystack"? It's a good question, a legitimate one, one that I really don't know if I have an answer to.

Sometime this afternoon, I will try and get in touch with the folks over at the ABC station here in Cincinnati. I had an interview with them about a week ago for a part-time producer job. I felt after talking to them that they would let me know one way or the other whether or not I got the gig, but I haven't heard anything from them...yet. It may be that last week was a short week with Thanksgiving, I don't know, but I guess I need to find out.

In the meantime, I still have the nice folks at the Panera Bread. I've worked there a little over a week now and it actually isn't so bad. People that come in there seem to be pretty pleasant overall and it's a good work environment with nice people. It's just difficult to think that I am doing that now. It really hit me this past weekend watching the Georgia/Georgia Tech Football game. Exactly one year previous to Saturday, I was there, on the field, working that game and it's very strange to think about where I am now. Granted, I like the city that we moved to. The people are nice and it is a "Much" slower pace than Atlanta which isn't so bad either.

So here we sit. Really, I would like to come up with something exciting, invigorating or motivating to make me and anyone else who stumbles across this energized in their job search, but I can't. All I can really say is be aware that this is going to happen. Be aware that you need to be aware of it. Keep plugging away and keep looking, the job or opportunity that you want "IS" out there. It may not be right in front of you, but it is there, you just have to keep searching...if you do that you eventually will get what you want.

In the meantime, enjoy the trailer for a Holiday Classic: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...we love the You Tube:

No comments:

Post a Comment